- Review Updated: Nov 07, 2018
Based in Virginia Beach, WebHostingHub has been around for some time (a check on WhoIs indicates that the domain was registered back in Jan 2005) but the company was way out of the main stream’s radar until recently.
At this time of writing, WebHostingHub is under the management of InMotion Hosting – one of my favorite hosting companies that has more than 10 years of industry experience.
What’s in WebHostingHub hosting plans?
Web Hosting Hub started offering more options in early 2014 and re-packaged their previous “All-In-One Hosting Plan” into three different packages, namely Spark, Nirto, and Dynamo.
Personally I found that WebHostingHub’s Spark package is one the best cheap hosting services for starters/newbies. But before we dig into the details, let’s take a look on the basic features and prices of all three packages.
|Choice of data center|
|Web design discount||20%||30%|
* U/L = Unlimited.
Not bad for a $3.99/mo host but…
Like many other budget hosting companies, you can see that the features at the WHH are more or less the same – where you get to host unlimited websites with unlimited disk storage, unlimited data transfers, unlimited webmail, FTP accounts, MySQL databases, and one-click installation on most popular CMS at a very affordable price.
These features are okay for a below-$5/mo host and sufficient for newbies.
But they are all the same.
WebHostingHub, iPage, JustHost, FatCow, Host Metro, PowWeb, BlueHost, HostMonster – the hosting features by all these well known brands are just the same. It makes no sense to compare their hosting features.
What makes WebHostingHub different?
As I said, since most popular shared hosting deals are the same thing, the burning question that comes next would be: Why WebHostingHub is in my top recommendation list for newbies?
Instead of beating on the dead horse again and again like other hosting review sites, I am going to tell you something different. Something different that might affect your decision to go (or not) with the Hub.
1. WebHostingHub is one of the cheapest
Price is the main reason why WebHostingHub, specifically the Spark Plan, is recommended to newbies.
Assuming that you order via our special promo link, you’ll pay $89.64 for 24 months subscription (25% discount from normal price). If you do the maths, that’s $3.74/mo on average. We no longer have the special promo code with WebHostingHub. Their new price of $3.99/mo is still reasonable though.
2. The Hub is managed by InMotion Hosting
There are only few hosting companies I recommend and review on this site. I am not pulling these names out of random pick. Instead, these web hosts are selected after some careful considerations based on my ten years experience in web development.
As mentioned, the company WebHostingHub was established and currently managed by the same management of a well known premium web hosting company – the InMotion Hosting. I have been with InMotion for a long time, much longer than I’m with WebHostingHub, and I had some very positive experience with the InMotion team in the past. This site WebHostingSecretRevealed.net for example, is hosted on InMotion Hosting.
3. WebHostingHub is a non-EIG brand
What most casual shoppers do not know, is that a lot of (and I mean, really a lot!) well known web hosting providers are now owned by a business group named Endurance International Group (EIG).
Matt Heaton doesn’t own Bluehost and Hostmonster anymore these days; the companies now belong to EIG. So are JustHost, iPage, FatCow, PowWeb, StartLogic, EasyCGI, VPS Link, SuperGreen, and Hostgator. All these companies were sold to EIG.
Personally, I am fine with this scenario – acquisition is one of the most common ways to growth in modern business nowadays. However, many webmasters I knew do not like how hosting industry is being monopolized by large cooperation. And for this reason, this makes our subject of review, WebHostingHub, a special one. The Hub is NOT owned nor managed by the big International cooperation.
4. Full refund trial period
The Hub offers the longest full-refund trial period in the industry – 90 days. Here’s a quick comparison of WebHostingHub with other budget hosting brands.
|Trial||90 Days||30 Days||45 Days||30 Days|
|.COM Renewal Price||$11.99/year||$14.99/year||$12.95/year||$14.99/year|
My Experience With WebHostingHub
At this point of writing, I have been with WebHostingHub for more than two years four years (under Spark plan).
My overall experience is above average – consider that this host costs less than $5 per month.
The Hub is more reliable than I anticipated. According to my record, WebHostingHub is constantly scoring 99.8% and above (see images below) – not the greatest, but still an okay host if you factor in the price. What’s also worth mentioning is that the ordering and account activation process was remarkably smooth and quick. When I first signed up, I got my activation email, login details, and hosting account ready as soon as I completed payment. In my opinion, such smooth transition is vital especially to newbies.
WebHostingHub Uptime Record (June/July 2016) – 100%
WebHostingHub Uptime Record (March 2016) – 99.99%
WebHostingHub Uptime Record (February 2016) – 99.99%
WebHostingHub Uptime Record (September 2015) – 99.98%
WebHostingHub Uptime Record (Mar – Apr 2015) – 99.96%
WebHostingHub Uptime Record (Nov – Dec 2014) – 99.99%
WebHostingHub Uptime Record (Jul – Aug 2014) – 99.88%
Quick highlights on what I like the best about WebHostingHub Hosting according to my experience.
- Very affordable For first time customers you pay only $3.99/mo for a 24-month subscription.
- Excellent customer support In many cases, after-sales service at budget hosting companies sucks; but, that’s not the case at WebHostingHub. The Hub inherits the good practice from InMotion Hosting and provides outstanding customer support in both sales and technical.
- User friendly + No down-time site migration It is extremely easy to setup a new website on WebHostingHub. Plus, WebHostingHub comes with an awesome feature – the No Down-time Transfer. Users who are switching from another web host will get a temporary ‘platform’ to setup and test their sites before making the actual move (something like the Staging Area at WP Engine).
- Advance security with w/suPHP w/suPHP is a site security measure you don’t often see in budget hosting deals – huge plus point for those who want extra site protections.
- Discounts on added service Nitro and Dynamo users get 20% and 30% discount respectively on the Hub’s web design services.
- 90 Days (the Longest) full refund guarantee If you are unhappy with the service at WebHostingHub, you can just cancel your account within the first 90 days and request for a full refund money (excluding domain registration fees and SSL certificates fees if any).
- Limited websites for Spark Plan You can only host two websites on WebHostingHub Spark Hosting Plan.
- Charges on account backup Sites hosted on WebHostingHub are not backup automatically by default. In order to have your sites backed up at the Hub, you’ll need to pay $1 extra per month for the feature ” Automatic-Account-Backup”.
- Expensive renewal rate WebHostingHub Spark Plan renews at $8.99/mo is slightly expensive for a budget hosting service.
Important to know: Unlimited hosting will always be limited
Before subscribing into any of WebHostingHub’s “unlimited hosting plans” (or any other similar hosting deals), you need to be aware of one thing, there is no such thing as unlimited hosting.
If unlimited hosting is a real option then there is no reason why NASA or Google or Facebook or Yahoo! need to invest millions (if not billions) of dollars into its server infrastructure. Imagine this “Hey look, WebHostingHub is giving out unlimited hosting, let’s move Google.com over to the Hub!”
Doesn’t sounds right at all, don’t you think? To learn more, read my article on The Truth about Unlimited Hosting.
Bottom Line: Should You Go with WebHostingHub?
Personally I think WebHostingHub’s Spark Plan is a go. It’s in fact a no-brainer if you are:
- Starting a blog for the first time,
- Running not more than 2 small-to-mid size sites at the same time, and
- Looking for an affordable yet trustworthy hosting provider.
Low price tag, good customer service, 90 days full refund policy, plus our exclusive special discount link – these are the key factors that put the Hub into my “Must-see Budget Hosting” list.
But keep in mind that you get what you pay for. For those who are looking for high performance hosting solutions with latest server technology, I recommend SiteGround, InMotion Hosting (parent company of the Hub), and A2 Hosting.
For more details or to order WebHostingHub, visit (link opens in new window): http://www.webhostinghub.com
P/S: The promo links I mentioned in this review are all affiliate links. If you purchase via this link, it will give you some extra discounts on your first WebHostingHub bill and credit me as your referrer. This is how I keep this site alive for 7+ years and add more free hosting reviews based on real test account – your support is highly appreciated. Buying via my link doesn’t cost you more – in fact, I can guarantee that you’ll get the lowest possible price for WebHostingHub.